Munitions Focus Day
12:00 pm - 1:00 pm Welcome Lunch
1:00 pm - 1:10 pm Chairman's Opening Remarks
1:10 pm - 1:50 pm 120 Mm High Explosive Guided Mortar (Hegm) Programme – Design Qualification Stage Update
• U.S. Army Mortar & PGM Portfolio; priorities, future plans
• Mortar modularity
• Effective, lighter weight mortar ammunition across the spectrum of lethality
1:50 pm - 2:30 pm Surveillance Of Precision Guided MunitionsPatricia Alameda - Mortars and Common Fire Control Systems Division RDECOM-ARDEC
• RDECOM Project on PGM
• Other emerging technologies in mortar systems and munitions
• U.S. Army R&D priorities
Patricia AlamedaMortars and Common Fire Control Systems Division
2:30 pm - 12:00 am Precision In Gps-Degraded Environments
• Future operating environments; contested, congested and spectrum-focused
• Joint indirect fires in degraded environments: challenges and opportunities
• Implications for precision munitions in these contexts
3:20 pm - 3:50 pm Cofee & Networking
3:50 pm - 4:30 pm Blue Sky Training On Munitions: Enhancing The Survivability Of The Front Line SoldierMajor Rebecca Darke - Officer Commanding, Munitions Training Squadron British Army
• How do we increase the survivability of the front line soldier in more lethal operating environments?
• How does munitions training deliver this enhanced survivability?
• When we procure and manage the lifecycle of munitions, how important is training for risk?
Major Rebecca DarkeOfficer Commanding, Munitions Training Squadron
4:20 pm - 4:50 pm Ammunition Guidance And Training
• Explosives and ordnance training and safety today
• What are the main challenges facing states today in managing their ammunitions stockpiles?
• What training techniques and technologies are used to improve awareness and training?
4:50 pm - 5:40 pm Balancing Safety With Performance: Implementing Global Insensitive Munitions Requirements And Risk Mitigation In The Context Of Munitions Transformation
• Outlining the standards expected of industry today
• Factoring IM needs at the munitions concept and design phase
• Managing insensitivity with enhancing effectiveness and new precision technologies